- This event has passed.
Day of Solidarity with the Palestinian People Vigil
November 29 @ 12:00 pm - 1:00 pmFree
November 29, 12-1 pm, will mark the Day of Solidarity with the Palestinian People. The Palestine Education Network will be leading a Vigil in Manchester, NH at Elm and Bridge Streets.
Join the Palestinian Education Network in actions to support the United Nations 44th annual Day of Solidarity with the Palestinian People. We will be asking our Congressional Delegation to stop funding the Israel military that oppresses Palestinians and disregards the Universal Declaration of Human Rights in its treatment of Palestinians who live in East Jerusalem, the Occupied Territories, and Gaza.
The theft of land through settlements, the restriction of water consumption, the destruction of olive trees, the restriction of movement, the demolition of homes, collective punishment, and the detention of children all are practices that Israel uses to deny Palestinians of their human rights.
We are requesting that our Congressional Delegation stop sending annually the $3.8 billion of military aid to Israel while they place settlements on Palestinian land. The settlements break international laws outlined in the Geneva Conventions. The funding of military aid also breaks U. S. laws passed by our Congress.
CALL – Please make three calls the morning of Nov. 29 to both our Senators and to your Representative. Here is a script you can use:
PHONE MESSAGE SCRIPT TO CONGRESSPEOPLE
1. Hello, this is _______________. I am a constituent who resides in _____________, N.H.
2. Today November 29th is the United Nation’s 44th annual Day of Solidarity with the Palestinian People.
3. I am calling to request that Senator Shaheen (Senator Hassan, Representative Pappas, or Representative Kuster) support human rights for Palestinians by ending U. S. funding of Israel’s 53-year-long occupation of Palestine.
4. Will you stop voting to send $3.8 billion annually in aid to Israel’s military while Israel breaks international laws and builds settlements on the land that the U. N. designated for the future state of Palestine?
5. Thank you for considering these humanitarian and budget -tightening suggestions.
SENATOR SHAHEEN 202-224-2841
SENATOR HASSAN 202-224-3324
REPRESENTATIVE KUSTER 202-225-5206
REPRESENTATIVE PAPPAS 202-225-5456
DEMONSTATE: Join us at the corner of Elm and Bridge Streets from 12-1 PM. Afterwards we will deliver letters and petitions to Senator Shaheen and Hassan and Representative Papas offices on Elm Street.
We Hope to see you there!